Student Drop for Students in Grade K through Grade 3
Starting on January 1, 2014, students in Grade K through Grade 3 will not be left off the bus in the afternoon unless an adult/older sibling is present at the bus stop. Parents may waive this requirement and have their student dropped off without an adult/older sibling present by signing the required section on the Student Transportation Form and returning this form to the school. Students will be returned to their child’s school where parents will be required to pick them up.
Summary of Changes
- As Needed Bus Passes will no longer be accepted as of January 1, 2014.
- All students will have only one (1) AM stop and (1) PM stop. This stop will stay in effect until a new request form is received. *Please Note* - Bus Stops will continue to be evaluated each year and are subject to change at any time. Stops for Elementary Routes are different than stops for Secondary Routes.
- One alternative stop may be allowed but must be on a fixed schedule and on an existing route.
- Daily bus passes may be allowed for existing bus stops on existing routes only depending on the reason for the stop.
- Students in Grade K through Grade 3 must have an adult/older sibling present at the bus stop before they will be dropped off.
We would like to thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We understand that changes are difficult and may have a significant impact on your family. If you have questions, please contact the Transportation Director at 814-938-5151 Ext. 5008 or at email@example.com.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
The Punxsutawney Area School District is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its admission procedures, educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact Gerald G. Gigliotti (Title IX Coordinator) at Punxsutawney Area High School, 500 North Findley Street, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Telephone: (814) 938-5151, ext. 6531 or Kate Shaffer (Section 504 Coordinator) at Punxsutawney Area High School, 500 North Findley Street, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Telephone: (814) 938-5151, ext. 6520. Revised: 08/2010, 07/2012, 06/2013