Overview of Student Registration Process
Punxsutawney eAcademy students register through the assistant principal at the high school.
Online Courses are Available from the following:
eAcademy--courses provided through Westmoreland IU
Currently in charge:
Mr. Manny Barbazzeni
814-938-5151 ext 1855
Assistant principal's duties include:
● Explaining what cyber school is & if cyber school is the right fit for the student
● Signing student up for the appropriate courses
● Completing the registration form
● Submitting the proper paperwork to the online course provider
● Collecting & sending IEPs as needed
● Contacting all teachers involved-course teacher, special teacher, cyber school coordinator
● Collecting &distributing materials to the students such as laptops, printers, scanners, and textbooks
● Making sure that students sign off properly when materials are returned
● Track attendance and academic progress
● Communicating with students and parents as to how to receive help via email or phone.
● Providing support for students by setting up times for students to come to the school building and work with a designated subject teacher or special education teacher.
● Report grades each 9 weeks to the guidance office for all cyber school students.
● Collect materials from cyber students at the end of the course (computers, scanners, etc.).
Guidelines for Communication
with Students, Guidance & Cyber Coordinator
1. Cyber students are directed to first try to contact the subject teacher with problems related to the course (content questions, assignment issues, or problems with directions).
2. Students should contact the cyber coordinator for help with technical issues.
3. Students can arrange to attend after school tutoring by contacting the Cyber Coordinator to receive help with any other course work.