What is eAcademy?
What is eAcademy? An Overview
eAcademy is a distance learning initiative designed to fit the needs of our students interested in enhancing their education online using the curriculum provided by the Westmoreland IU eAcademy Program.
Students may take courses in 1 of 2 ways:
1. Blended-offers the ability to take traditional classes in the traditional classroom, along with some online. This approach is excellent for students hoping to prepare for a specialized career path or for students wishing to participate in the work release program.
2. Cyber-offers students the ability to take classes from anywhere with a high speed Internet connection. Onsite orientation may be required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use eAcademy to make up credits?
A: Yes, you will have the option to either add courses to your current schedule or attend summer courses.
Q: Can I take courses not offered by the district?
A: Yes, you will have access to a full course catalog with a variety of electives
Q: What if I don’t have a good computer at home?
A: In most cases, we will provide you with all the technology you will need for you coursework as long as you are enrolled in the program.
Q: I do not have or cannot get high speed Internet at home. Can I still enroll?
A: Absolutely!We offer our facilities to come and take the online course on site. Students will also have access to a facilitator to help with technical issues or assist students with staying on task.
Q: Can I participate in extracurricular activities while enrolled in eAcademy?
A: All eAcademy students may participate in any extracurricular activity offered by the Punxsutawney School District given that they meet the required academic and attendance eligibility.
Q: How do I get started?
A: Contact Mr. Barbazzeni in the main office for information on eAcademy
Benefits of Enrolling in PASD eAcademy
● Students graduate with a diploma from Punxsutawney Area School District
● Students are eligible to participate in sports and extracurricular activities at the school.
● 24/7 access to education.
● Provides students with the opportunity to become an online learner.
● Learn technology skills that are applicable to life after graduation.
● Access to a great support system for help with coursework if needed.
● Students enrolled in eAcademy are able to enroll in traditional elective courses such as art, music, foreign languages, and technology education.