2019 Fall Sports Season
2019 FALL SPORTS
We will be having meetings for students planning on participating in a fall sport for the 2019 - 2020 school year. If you can't make the meeting, you can pick up the forms in the Athletic Office at the High School or print them off from the school website under Athletics.
The meeting at the High School will be held on Wednesday, May 29, at 10:05 am in the cafeteria for students currently in grades 7th - 11th.
The meeting at the Elementary School will be held on Thursday, May 30, at 2:40 pm in the cafeteria for students currently in 6th grade.
|Basketball - Girls (7-8)
Cross Country - (7-12)
Golf - Boys & Girls (9-12)
Soccer - Boys & Girls (9-12)
Soccer - Jr High (7-8)
Tennis - Girls (9-12)
Volleyball - Girls (9-12)
Every athlete participating in a fall sport needs the following forms filled out and returned to the Athletic Office at the High School by the dates listed below:
Sports Eligibility Packet: (Return by Friday, June 14, 2019)
- Sport Eligibility
- Drug/Alcohol Policy
- Insurance information
- PIAA Section 1: Personal and Emergency Information
PIAA Physical Forms: (Return by Monday, August 5, 2019)
- Section 2: Certification of Parent/Guardian
- Section 3: Understanding of Risk of Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Section 4: Understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Warning Signs
- Section 5: Health Form
- Section 6: PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Certification of Authorized Medical Examiner
NOTE: Any athlete can get a physical for participation in any sport for the 2019-2020 school year at any time beginning June 1, 2019. The form used must be the P.I.A.A. physical form. NO other form can be accepted. This does not eliminate re-certification. Only one physical per year is required but that must be for the FIRST sport the athlete participates in for the new school year.
- You can call 814-938-1818 to schedule an appointment for a physical with Dr. Simpson. His office is located at the Punxsutawney Area Hospital. There will be no charge for this service.
- You may also choose to take your child to a physician of your choice with the expense being incurred by you.
- All athletes participating in a fall sport MUST have their physicals completed and all paperwork turned into the athletic office no later than Thursday, August 8, 2019. You can drop your physical and paperwork off at the Athletic Office during the summer from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- Practice begins Monday, August 12, 2019.
ABSOLUTELY NO PRACTICE UNTIL ALL COMPLETED
FORMS ARE TURNED IN. NO EXCEPTIONS!